The many aspects of this adventure…
1. I requested a one-year leave of absence from my job as a high school teacher.
- The opportunity to take a leave-of-absence seemed like God’s way of helping me to see that He wants me to go. Making the dream a reality has been a journey of obedience!
2. I will co-lead a short-term team from Village Bible Church in June.
- Like I have now done twice before, I will be a part of a team from my church involved in orphan care & evangelism in Uganda.
3. July – December I will work with the Girls ABIDE pilot.
- During the pilot program, I plan to live in the ABIDE house with the students, developing God-centered relationships, as we explore what it means to abide in Christ (John 15).
4. January – July I will continue as ABIDE staff.
- My role during these months will be depend on whether or not a 2nd girls’ ABIDE begins simultaneously as the guys’ program. Either way, there will be work to be done amongst the staff.
5. I need to raise $1,500/month
- During my 13 months in Uganda, my expenses will vary, but they average out to $1,500/month. I know I don’t have much time to raise this much money, but I am confident that if God wants me to go, He will provide.