I’m taking a quick two week trip home for a couple weddings (of course, I’m adding in a few other things while I’m there).
I say it’s quick, but two weeks is feeling really long to be away.
Anyway, I’m currently in the Amsterdam airport, enjoying some limited time with free wifi.
Here are some traveling lessons I have acquired either through experience or observation. I will let you decide which ones are which.
1. Carrying extra, foldable bags of various sizes is a really good idea…especially when doing some shopping before heading to the airport.
2. If you are a woman and you walk into a bathroom and notice urinals, turn around and walk out. Don’t even think twice about it, or worry about the people watching you.
3. If you have to take off both shoes and belt when going through security, I recommend putting the belt on first before bending down to put on your shoes.
4. Long layovers aren’t all bad…they allow you to take your sweet time.
5. Contact your bank to let them know you will be traveling….just like you did when you travelled over four months ago. This will prevent your credit card from being declined and allow you to enjoy Starbucks in the foreign airport. (I wonder what they did with that drink that was ordered…)